Banana Bread Donuts
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) softened butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups white whole wheat flour (or other flour of choice)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- Cream butter with vanilla and honey. Beat in eggs. Whisk together flour and other dry ingredients. Combine wet and dry ingredients. Fold in the mashed bananas.
- Pour into greased donut pan and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire wracks.
- Optional frosting: Beat 2 tbsp butter with 4 oz cream cheese. Add about a cup of confectioner’s sugar and beat until creamy and fluffy. Spread over warm donuts.