- 1 cup warm water
- 1 packet yeast (or 2 1/4 tsp from jar)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour (or white flour)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- Add yeast to water in a warmed mixer bowl (you can warm up the bowl by running it under some warm water). Add salt, olive oil, whole wheat flour and 1 1/2 cups of the white w.w. flour. Process with a dough hook for about a minute. Then add the rest of the flour as needed. You want to see the dough form a ball on the hook. Let the dough keep kneading for about 5 minutes. It should still be a bit sticky. Cover with olive oil and turn a few times in the bowl so that all of the dough is covered. Cover with a towel and let sit for about an hour.
- Form the dough anyway you want. I like to stretch it with my hands; my husband prefers to roll it out.
- Have fun with the toppings and then bake at 400 for about 15 minutes.